The Trailblazer District provides traditional Scouting programs in a multitude of educational and community centers that serve people with physical, intellectual, emotional, multiple disabilities, and those with Autism. We adapt each program to meet the needs of both Scouts and the settings in which we provide this service. We serve as consultants to Scouts with disabilities as a bridge between them a traditional unit (Pack, Troop, Crew) to make sure they find their most comfortable unit. Our district provides training to both adult leaders and individual units on disability awareness and acceptance in their units.
The TrailBlazer district serves communities in Beaver County, Allegheny County, and Washington County.
WHO WE SERVE
- 319 youth ages 6 to 10 in Cub Scouts
- 169 youth ages 11 to 17 in Scouts BSA
- 720 youth ages 14 and up in Venturing
- 10 Cub Scout packs
- 7 Scouts BSA troops
- 21 Venturing crews
- Austin’s Place
- Chartiers Center
- Conroy School
- Deer Lakes School District
- East Allegheny School District
- Mental Health Association of Beaver County
- Mon Valley School
- Pathfinder School
- Pittsburgh Pioneer
- Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
- Step-By-Step Inc.
- Sunrise School
- The Verland Foundation C.L.A
- Trinity Area School District
- West Allegheny School District
- Western PA School for Blind Children
Check out our TrailBlazer District YouTube page. Here you can find virtual sessions for earning ranks along with videos from our trips to camp and much more!
KEY Leadership - TrailBlazer
Vacant - District Chair
Vacant - District Commissioner
Bob Zelleznick - District Executive
Kim Miller - District Associate