Summer Camp Resources and Forms
Summer Camp Resources and Forms
Below you will find guides, forms, and other resources to help you make the most of your summer camp experience with the Laurel Highlands Council.
Important Update (March 15, 2020)
Due to the impact of COVID-19 on unit meetings, the following dates have been changed. This will be different that resources linked below
- Early Bird Pay In Full Deadline - Will now be Wednesday, April 15
- Merit Badge & Activity Sign-Up - Will now be Friday, May 1
Summer Camp 2020
2020 Heritage Reservation Guidebook Scouts BSA Edition (Feb. 2020 version) (For Camps Liberty and Freedom)
2020 Heritage Reservation Guidebook Cub Scouts Edition (Feb. 2020 version) (Camp Independence)
Click the button above to submit contact information updates, have extra spaces removed, or request sibling discounts.
- 2020 Campership Application
- Camp Leader Appreciation Letter Form
- 2020 Heritage Reservation Gift Card Orders
- Early Arrival Request (Heritage Reservation Only)
- For 2020 Early Arrival for Camps Freedom and Liberty will be signed up for through your existing summer camp registration. If you need assistance, contact the LHC Camping Department at 412-325-7921.
- Background Clearances (Updated March 2019)
- LHC Camp Roster Form - Please bring four copies to camp: one for medical checks, one for the camp office, one for swim checks, and one to post in your campsite.
- Rosters can also be generated directly from the online registration site.
- Scout Early Release Form
- Summer Camp Refund Request Form
- Where do your camp fees go?
- Suggested Camp Independence Packing List
Summer Camp Registration System (Scoutingevent.com) Tutorials
- How to Set up, Import, and use the My Roster feature
- Video Tutorial - How to Lookup an existing Reservation **NEW**
- Video Tutorial - How to Confirm your Attendees **NEW**
- Video Tutorial - Adding and editing attendee information **NEW**
- Adding Merit Badges
- Setting Up and Using Parent Portal
2020 Pre-Camp Information Meeting Recordings
|Cub Scout Resident Camp - Camp Independence||https://youtu.be/PAIqoy1R0rk||
|Scouts, BSA Resident Camp - Camps Liberty & Freedom||https://youtu.be/gT9qhY8u1wA||
- BSA Health & Medical Record Parts A and B - Required for Camp Independence Cub Resident, 3-night Webelos Resident, Rookie Camp, Pack Camp, Family Adventure Camp.
- BSA Health & Medical Record Parts A, B, and C - Required for all Scouts BSA Resident Camps, Eagle Base, and Camp Independence 4-day Webelos Sessions.
- BSA Health & Medical Form FAQ
- LHC Supplemental Medical Form - Complete and attach to all medical forms.
- Unit Prescription Drug Distribution Record Form - Use this form to track the distribution of medication within your campsite. Turn it in at the end of the week.
- Immunization Exemption Request Form - Attach to Health & Medical Record
- Medical Care Exemption Request - Attach to Health & Medical Record
Menus and Meals
- Special Dietary Needs Request - Must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to attendance
- Heritage Menus
- 2020 Independence Menu *coming soon*
- 2020 Liberty Menu *coming soon*
- 2020 Freedom Menu *coming soon*
- Gluten Free Substitutions *coming soon*
Program and Advancement Resources
- Pre-Camp Swim Classification Form
- Online Heritage Reservation Trading Post- Order shirts and other items ahead of camp
- 2020 Scouts BSA Merit Badges (This is not the schedule or pre-reqs, just the badges to be offered)
- 2020 Liberty and Freedom Merit Badge Schedule and Pre-Requisites - help Scouts plan their activities
- 2020 Camp Independence Advancement Requirements Covered
- 2020 Camp Awards
- Scoutmaster Merit Badge
- Brownsea Island Honor Camper Award
- Green Bar Bill Honor Patrol Award
- Baden-Powell Honor Troop Award
- Day Trek Release Forms
- ATV Adventure Release Form - One of two releases required
- ASI ATV Program Release - One of two releases required
- Lower Caving Release Form
- Rappelling Release Form
- Wilderness Voyageurs Release Form (Youth) - Required for rafting, fly fishing, and mountain biking participants.
- Wilderness Voyageurs Release Form (Adult) - Required for rafting, fly fishing, and mountain biking participants
- Sporting Clays Release
- Nemacolin Ropes Course Release
- 2020 Rookie Camp Schedule
- 2020 Rookie Camp Leader Guide
Camp Evaluation Forms
- Camp Freedom and Liberty (Online Evaluation Form)
- Camp Independence (Online Evaluation Form)
- Day Trek Participants (Online Evaluation Form)
Camp Promotion Resources
Why Camp and Scouting?
- Tufts study confirms: Scouting builds character - Bryan on Scouting Blog
- Harris Interactive Study - Boy Scout Summer Camp - Benefits Every Leader Should Know
- Harris Interactive Study - Boy Scout Summer Camp - Benefits Every Parent Should Know
- Harris Interactive Study - Boy Scout Summer Camp - Full Study
- Scouts BSA Resident Camp Promo Video (Heritage)
- Cub Scout Resident Camp Promo Video (Heritage)
- Eagle Base Promo Video
Printed Resources (Hard Copies Available through the LHC Camping Department)
2020 Outdoor Adventure Brochure (Coming Soon!)
2020 Eagle Base Rack Card