Laurel Highlands Council

Camp Reservation Terms and Conditions

Weekend Camping

Camp Reservation Terms and Conditions

The best rules are the Scout Oath and Law with good common sense. To avoid misunderstanding, the following conditions also prevail.

Thank you for your cooperation and have a GREAT CAMPOUT!  Please have the courtesy to call the camp if you cancel your plans within two days of your arrival date.


Order and registration numbers will be issued with the completion of an online reservation.  Reservations are confirmed only when a confirmation email has been issued from 247 Scouting.  All reservations are accepted on a first come basis. In the event of an emergency, the council reserves the right to cancel permit on 24 hours notice.  Unpaid reservations will be held for ten business days. After 10 days, the reservation will be removed from the online system. Camp cannot be responsible for the lost or damage of troop or personal items.


The unit must check in and out of camp with the Camp Ranger or Campmaster. Check‑in time must be prior to 10 p.m. on Friday, but no earlier than 2:00 p.m. Check‑out time is no later than 10:00 a.m. Sunday for weekend camping trips. The group must remain in camp until properly checked out. If your arrival will be after 9 p.m., call the Camp Ranger or Campmaster.  For day and evening activities check out is not later than 10:00 PM.


All vehicles are to be parked in assigned areas only; no vehicles are permitted past the camp parking lot without permission from the Camp Ranger.  Carts to transport equipment are available at camps Guyasuta.  Roads must be kept open for travel at all times.  Camp speed limit is 10 miles per hour


All buildings and related grounds are off limits unless authorized by your reservation.


Request the ranger's instruction on the number and location of fires.  Fires must not be built up to dangerous or nuisance proportions and must be tended at all times. Low pressure gasoline stoves and lanterns using kerosene other fuels are dangerous and prohibited on all council camp properties. Liquefied petroleum (LP) propane or butane lanterns or stoves are permitted only under adult supervision and control. The use of fuels for starting fires is prohibited.  Please follow all posted rules for firewood usage.  Firewood must be replenished for the next group, see the Camp Ranger or Campmaster.

NOTE: Only hard wood (maple, oak, birch and cherry) can be used in indoor fireplaces and stoves. Softwoods (pine, spruce, fir, cedar, poplar) must only be used outside due to the dangers of creosote buildup in the wood stoves and chimneys.


Activities are between 7 am and 10 p.m. At all other times, please confine your group to the limits of your campsite and be considerate of others.  Do not enter other campsites without permission from unit leader.


Service projects to improve the environment are encouraged.  See your ranger for a project. The Outdoor Code should be in action at all times.  Do not remove bark or fell any trees.  The use of any wood tools must be supervised by a unit leader. The ranger may deny the use of any tool wherever their use is deemed unsafe.  If any live trees are cut or damaged, the unit will responsible for its replacement at a cost of $50.00 each.


What is carried in should always be carried out.


Your unit will be assigned a latrine and is responsible for its proper use. No other method of human waste disposal is permitted.  Food preparation or dishwashing is never permitted at or near latrine washing area.  These activities should only be performed in your campsite.  Drinking water must only be obtained from certified camp taps and never from springs and streams.


Report all accidents, fires, or property damage to the Camp Ranger or Campmaster at once.  Observe the location of first aid and fire equipment and be prepared to cooperate with the ranger if requested.  Use of physician or hospital is at the expense of the unit requesting such treatment.  The unit or group must arrange transportation of injured person.


The use of firearms, archery equipment, gas guns, and air guns are prohibited except with approval of the Council Camping Committee and Shooting Sports Committee.


Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, firearms, fireworks, chainsaws, dogs, cats, other pets, floating devices and activities not consistent with the Scout Oath and Law are not permitted.


Where applicable, fishing is permitted except in swimming areas.  No live minnows may be used as bait. 


All camping trips must be led by a minimum of two adult leaders, one who must be at least 21 years of age with a second leader who must be at least 18 years of age. Pack camping and Webelos Den overnighters must be under the leadership of trained adults in accordance with National BSA Standards.


Ask a ranger for a tracking card. Hours may be collected from any of the camps.


Bicycles are prohibited, except Camp Seph Mack or with approval of the Council Camping Committee.


Swimming is prohibited, except with approval of the Council Camping Committee and Aquatics Committee.


Smoking is not permitted inside any council owned building.  No smoking allowed in sight of Scouts/children.


Refunds must be requested in writing at least 14 days before the reservation.  Refunds requested within 14 days of the reservation will be issued at the discretion of the LHC Camping Department.  Requests after the reservation date or for no-shows will not be considered. If it becomes necessary to close a facility due to inclement weather or another emergency, you will be notified and given an opportunity to reschedule. Do not assume that a camp is closed due to inclement weather. Refunds will be issued via check, less a 10% processing fee. Credit toward future events will not be given.


The council Executive Board has designated the ranger or designee as authority for dealing with any rule infractions.  If immediate safety of others is put in jeopardy, the unit may be expelled at once.  For serious or repeated infractions such as not checking out of camp, the council may deny the use of the camps to a unit.  If common laws are broken, local police may be notified.