Camp Seph Mack
Camp Seph Mack
Give your troop a summer camp experience they’ll always remember. Our highly motivated and trained staff offers an outstanding program filled with fun activities, merit badges, and much more!
Camp Seph Mack is located on Yellow Creek Lake near Penn Run, PA. Camp Seph Mack encompasses approximately 200 acres within the boundaries of Yellow Creek State Park and lies along the north shore with almost 4,000 feet of lake frontage. Fully equipped with pavilion shelters, dining hall, running water, cabins, modern facilities and equipment Camp Seph Mack has a long history of providing the best in Scout summer camping.
2018 Camp Fees & Dates
|BS Week 1||June 17-23||Sun-Sat|
|BS Week 2||June 24-30||Sun-Sat|
|BS Week 3||July 1-7||Sun-Sat|
|BS Week 4||July 8-14||Sun-Sat|
|BS Week 5||July 15-21||Sun-Sat|
The LHC Camping and Outdoor Program Committee carefully considers registration and rate changes each year in order to offer an even better summer camp program for all interested Scouts and Scouters at a competitive rate by:
- Being mindful to avoid overbooking at each camp while ensuring that all interested Scouts and Scouters have an opportunity to attend;
- Managing the registration process so a relatively accurate attendance figure can be developed early for planning purposes;
- Adjusting staffing and class offerings as necessary where increases in campers dictate;
- Ensuring sufficient supplies are in camp before the season opens;
- Purchasing supplies in advance and, in bulk, to help control costs.
We will continue to use an all-inclusive camp fee in 2018 with a slight increase due to an expected increase in the cost of operation. Besides those programs listed below, all other programs will still fall under the one fee to encourage a greater percentage of our youth and adults to commit early to camp.
Programs with an additional cost:
- $50 added = Day Trek (including ATV Adventure), and Water Sports Merit Badge
- $25 added = Shotgun Shooting Merit badge
To support our camping programs there are several incentives that we will offer in 2018:
- For every 6 resident Cub Scout/Webelos registrations, one free adult is applied per unit per registration.
- One free Den Chief will be applied per pack registration for Cub/Webelos Resident Camp per session.
- For every 6 resident Boy Scout registrations, one free leader is applied per unit per registration.
- For every 6 Eagle Base registrations, a $180 discount will be applied toward one leader.
- $100 off second full week of camp at our Laurel Highlands Council resident camps including Eagle Base. Prorated for Cub/Webelos resident camps and adults. Discount must be applied at second week of camp, no refund after completion. NYLT and National High Adventure Base participation does not qualify.
- Bring a new unit of at least 10 youth to camp and save $40 per youth in your own unit not to exceed the number of Scouts in the new unit. Recruitment must be verified by new unit.
- $100 Trading Post gift certificate for nominating a new camp staff member who is hired.
- Webelos crossovers and new Scouts will be locked into the lowest registration fee.
- Counselors in Training (CITs) will receive a free week of camp following successful completion of four weeks of CIT service and completion of their CIT portfolio. Fees must be paid up front and will be refunded upon successful completion of requirements.
- New for 2018: All full session Scouts and adult campers will receive a camp specific memento (TBD).
Starting in 2018, camp pricing and price breaks will be based off when full payment is made.
|Now until January 31, 2018||Unit “Save a Space” Deposit - $200/Troop or Crew, $100/Pack
|January 31 to April 1, 2018||Individual Deposits - $20/Boy Scout Resident Camper, $5/Cub or Web Resident Camper, $25 per Eagle Base Camper
|By April 1, 2018||Pay in full by April 1 to receive lowest (Early Bird) camp price.|
|April 2 to June 1, 2018||Pay in full by June 1 to receive regular camp price.|
|After June 1, 2018||Pay in full after June 1 and receive the third (Late) camp price|
* Units have until April 15 to apply names to reserved spaces with no penalty. Following April 15, all unnamed spaces will be cleared and deposits will be forfeited. Only named campers will be able to register for merit badge and activity courses*
|Boy Scout Resident Camp||Pay in Full by
|Pay in Full by
|Pay in Full
6-2-18 or after*
Camp Seph Mack 2018
New Merit Badges for 2018 include:
- Public Speaking
- Game Design
- And more!