2019 Summer Camp
Camp Liberty is all about the patrol method. At Camp Liberty, patrols pick up their food from the camp commissary and cook it themselves in their campsite. This provides a unique experience that reinforces the patrol method and youth leadership like no other. Add to this the exciting program we offer - including lots of new options for both youth and adults in 2019 - and it makes perfect sense why thousands of Scouts continue to call Camp Liberty their home away from home each and every summer.
Join us for adventure in 2019 at Camp Liberty, Heritage Reservation’s patrol cooking based Boy Scout resident camp! Located on a peninsula extending out into deep blue Lake Courage, Camp Liberty is the perfect spot to watch the patrol method shine as Scouts work together to prepare and serve all the camp meals in your campsite. All the supplies and utensils for patrol cooking are furnished through the camp commissary.
Registration for 2019 opens May 1 for units attending in 2018 to reserve the same camp session and same campsite for 2019. June 1, registration opens first come, first served. A Scout is Trustworthy!
2019 Camp Dates
|Week 1||June 23-29||Sun-Sat|
|Week 2||June 30 - July 6||Sun-Sat|
|Week 3||July 7-13||Sun-Sat|
|Week 4||July 14-20||Sun-Sat|
|Week 5||July 21-27||Sun-Sat|
|Week 6||July 28- August 3||Sun-Sat|
2019 Camp Fees
2019 camp fees will be the same as in 2018.
|Boy Scout Resident Camp||
Pay in Full by:
Pay in Full by:
Pay in Full:
6-2-2019 or After:
|Eagle Base/Day Trek||$420||$420||$445||$445||$470||$470|
Programs with an additional cost:
- $25 added = Shotgun Merit Badge
- $50 added = Water Sports Merit Badge
Discounts and Incentives
- NEW - Sibling Discount - 15% off second and subsequent youth Scout camp fees. (Applies across different LHC resident camps - Boy Scout, Cub, Webelos sessions. Discount applied to second/later registration.)
- Low Rate Lock-In - Webelos cross-overs, Scouts joining after March 1, and campership recipients are locked into the lowest rate for camp.
Free Adults - Earn free adult attendees based on the number of Scouts who attend the same camp session:
- 6-11 Scouts = 1 Free Adult
- 12-17 Scouts = 2 Free Adults
- 18-23 Scouts = 3 Free Adults
- 24-29 Scouts = 4 Free Adults
- 30-35 Scouts = 5 Free Adults
- Additional Free adult at 36, 42, 48, 54 Scouts etc.
- Second Session Discount - 25% discount off camp fees for a second session. Applies to youth or adult camp fees at a Laurel Highlands Council resident camp (Day Camp, NYLT, and National High Adventure Base participation does not qualify)
- Unit Recruiting Discount - Recruit a unit bringing at least 10 youth that has never been to Heritage Reservation or Camp Seph Mack and receive a $40 discount for each youth attendee in your unit (not to exceed the number of youth attendees in the other unit).
- Camp Staff Referral - Refer a new camp staff member who gets hired and works all summer to receive $100 in Camp Trading Post Credit.
- Free Week for CITs - CITs will receive a free week of summer camp for completing the full CIT program (4-week minimum). Fees must be paid in advance and will be refunded upon completion.
- Camperships - Financial assistance is available for Laurel Highlands Council Scouts with financial need to attend an LHC summer resident camp program. Applications due March 1.
- Camp Keepsake - All campers will receive a camp specific keepsake.
2019 Program Highlights
- Nearly 60 merit badge opportunities including 9 Eagle-required badges.
- BSA Complete Angler fishing instruction program taught by BSA and PA Fish Commission certified instructors
- New early morning activities - Iron Man 2.0, the Daybreak Dart 3k, outdoor painting, and First Light Fishing
- Trail to First Class first year camper program
- Shooting Sports: Rifle, Shotgun, Archery, 3D Archery, Sporting Arrows, Chalk Ball, Tomahawk and knife throwing
- Aquatics: Canoeing, Kayaking, SUP, Motorboating, Snorkeling, Sailing, Waterskiing, Mile Swim, KeyLog rolling, and more!
- C.O.P.E. and Climbing program
- Day Trek – daily high adventure excursions for older Scouts and the ATV Adventure program
- Adult leader training including Scoutmaster Specific and Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills
- Much, much more!
For more program information and the 2018 Heritage Reservation Guidebook check out the Summer Camp Resources page.
|Now until January 31, 2019||Unit “Save a Space” Deposit - $200/Troop or Crew
|January 31 to April 1, 2019||Individual Deposits - $20/Boy Scout Resident Camper, $25 per Eagle Base Resident Camper
|By April 1, 2019||Pay in full by April 1 to receive lowest (Early Bird) camp price.|
|April 2 to June 1, 2019||Pay in full by June 1 to receive regular camp price.|
|After June 1, 2019||Pay in full after June 1 and receive the third (Late) camp price|