Located on a peninsual jutting out into Lake Courage, Camp Liberty is Heritage Reservation's Scouts BSA resident camp where the patrol method truly comes alive! Patrols work together to cook all of their own meals in their campsite using food picked up from the camp commissary. Nothing brings patrols together and developes leadership like having to figure out how to get a group to feed themselves all week. Although it may seem to be a lot of work, most units report having more down time to relax and work on other things not being confined by the schedule of a dining hall. Units who attend Camp Liberty never want to go anywhere else!
2020 Summer Camp
Registration for 2020 opens May 1 for units attending in 2019 to reserve the same camp session and same campsite for 2020. June 1 registration opens first come, first served. A Scout is Trustworthy!
All sessions capped at 400 attendees. Campsite capacity does not reflect session capacity.
2020 Camp Dates
|Week 1||June 21-27||Sun-Sat|
|Week 2||June 28 - July 4||Sun-Sat|
|Week 3||July 5-11||Sun-Sat|
|Week 4||July 12-18||Sun-Sat|
|Week 5||July 19-25||Sun-Sat|
|Week 6||July 26 - August 1||Sun-Sat|
2020 Camp Fees
|Scouts BSA Resident Camp||
Pay in Full by:
Pay in Full by:
Pay in Full:
6-2-2020 or After:
|Eagle Base/Day Trek||$433||$433||$458||$458||$483||$483|
Programs with an additional cost:
- $25 added = Shotgun Merit Badge
- $50 added = Water Sports Merit Badge
Discounts and Incentives
- New - New Unit Discount - Units who have not attended Heritage Resrvation for at least five years will receive a 10% discount (This is a one-time discount available through the 2024 camp season).
- Sibling Discount - 15% off second and subsequent youth Scout camp fees. (Applies across different LHC resident camps - Boy Scout, Cub, Webelos sessions. Discount applied to second/later registration.)
- Low Rate Lock-In - Webelos cross-overs, Scouts joining after March 1, and campership recipients are locked into the lowest rate for camp.
Free Adults - Earn free adult attendees based on the number of Scouts who attend the same camp session:
- 6-11 Scouts = 1 Free Adult
- 12-17 Scouts = 2 Free Adults
- 18-23 Scouts = 3 Free Adults
- 24-29 Scouts = 4 Free Adults
- 30-35 Scouts = 5 Free Adults
- Additional Free adult at 36, 42, 48, 54 Scouts etc.
- Second Session Discount - 25% discount off camp fees for a second session. Applies to youth or adult camp fees at a Laurel Highlands Council resident camp (Day Camp, NYLT, and National High Adventure Base participation does not qualify)
- Camp Staff Referral - Refer a new camp staff member who gets hired and works all summer to receive $100 in Camp Trading Post Credit.
- Free Week for CITs - CITs will receive a free week of summer camp for completing the full CIT program (4-week minimum). Fees must be paid in advance and will be refunded upon completion.
- Camperships - Financial assistance is available for Laurel Highlands Council Scouts with financial need to attend an LHC summer resident camp program. Applications due March 1.
- Camp Keepsake - All campers will receive a camp specific keepsake.
2020 Program Highlights
- Over 50 merit badge opportunities including 9 Eagle-required badges.
- New evening older Scout program.
- BSA Complete Angler fishing instruction program taught by BSA and PA Fish Commission certified instructors
- Trail to First Class first year camper program
- Shooting Sports: Rifle, Shotgun, Archery, 3D Archery, Sporting Arrows, Chalk Ball, Tomahawk and knife throwing
- Aquatics: Canoeing, Kayaking, SUP, Motorboating, Snorkeling, Sailing, Waterskiing, Mile Swim, KeyLog rolling, and more!
- C.O.P.E. and Climbing program
- Day Trek – daily high adventure excursions for older Scouts and the ATV Adventure program
- Adult leader training including Scoutmaster Specific and Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills
- Much, much more!
For more program information and the 2020 Heritage Reservation Guidebook check out the Summer Camp Resources page.
|Now until February 29, 2020||Unit “Save a Space” Deposit - $200/Troop or Crew
|March 1, 2020||Full registration opens - units can begin entering individual camper information and fees become due.|
|By April 1, 2020||Pay in full by April 1 to receive lowest (Early Bird) camp price.|
|April 2 to June 1, 2020||Pay in full by June 1 to receive regular camp price.|
|After June 1, 2020||Pay in full after June 1 and receive the third (Late) camp price|