2019 Summer Camp
Add to this the exciting program we offer - including lots of new options for both youth and adults in 2019 - and it makes perfect sense why thousands of Scouts continue to call Camp Liberty their home away from home each and every summer. Join us for adventure in 2019 at Camp Liberty, Heritage Reservation’s patrol cooking based Boy Scout resident camp! Located on a peninsula extending out into deep blue Lake Courage, Camp Liberty is the perfect spot to watch the patrol method shine as Scouts work together to prepare and serve all the camp meals in your campsite. All the supplies and utensils are furnished through the camp commissary.
Registration for 2019 opens May 1 for units attending in 2018 to reserve the same camp session and same campsite for 2019. June 1, registration opens first come, first serve. A Scout is Trustworthy!
2019 Camp Dates
|Week 1||June 23-29||Sun-Sat|
|Week 2||June 30 - July 6||Sun-Sat|
|Week 3||July 7-13||Sun-Sat|
|Week 4||July 14-20||Sun-Sat|
|Week 5||July 21-27||Sun-Sat|
|Week 6||July 28- August 3||Sun-Sat|
2019 Camp Fees
2019 camp fees will be the same as 2018.
|Boy Scout Resident Camp||
Pay in Full by:
Pay in Full by:
Pay in Full by:
6-2-2019 or After:
|Eagle Base/Day Trek||$420||$420||$445||$445||$470||$470|
2018 Summer Camp
Add to this the exciting program we offer - including lots of new options for both youth and adults in 2018 - and it makes perfect sense why thousands of Scouts continue to call Camp Liberty their home away from home each and every summer.Join us for adventure in 2018 at Camp Liberty, Heritage Reservation’s patrol cooking based Boy Scout resident camp! Located on a peninsula extending out into deep blue Lake Courage, Camp Liberty is the perfect spot to watch the patrol method shine as Scouts work together to prepare and serve all the camp meals in your campsite. All the supplies and utensils are furnished through the camp commissary.
2018 Program Highlights
- Nearly 60 merit badge opportunities including 9 Eagle-required badges. New badges for 2018 include:
- Fly Fishing
- Veterinary Medicine (includes a trip to a local vet's office)
- Graphic Arts
- Pulp & Paper
- Game Design
- Scouting Heritage
- Public Health
- BSA Complete Angler fishing instruction program taught by BSA and PA Fish Commission certified instructors
- New early morning activities - Iron Man 2.0, the Daybreak Dart 3k, outdoor painting, and First Light Fishing
- Trail to First Class first year camper program
- Shooting Sports: Rifle, Shotgun, Archery, 3D Archery, Sporting Arrows, Chalk Ball, Tomahawk and knife throwing
- Aquatics: Canoeing, Kayaking, SUP, Motorboating, Snorkeling, Sailing, Waterskiing, Mile Swim, iceberg climb, and more!
- C.O.P.E. and Climbing program
- Day Trek – daily high adventure excursions for older Scouts and the ATV Adventure program
- Adult leader training including Scoutmaster Specific and Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills
- Much, much more!
For more program information and the 2018 Heritage Reservation Guidebook check out the Summer Camp Resources page.
2018 CAMP DATES
|Week 1||June 17-23||Sun-Sat|
|Week 2||June 24-30||Sun-Sat|
|Week 3||July 1-7||Sun-Sat|
|Week 4||July 8-14||Sun-Sat|
|Week 5||July 15-21||Sun-Sat|
|Week 6||July 22-28||Sun-Sat|
2018 Camp Fees
|Boy Scout Resident Camp||Pay in Full by
|Pay in Full by
|Pay in Full
6-2-18 or after*
|Eagle Base/Day Trek||$420||$420||$445||$470||$470|
Programs with an additional cost:
- $50 added = Day Trek (including ATV Adventure), and Water Sports Merit Badge
- $25 added = Shotgun Shooting Merit badge
2018 Registration Incentives
- *Webelos crossovers, new Scouts who join in the spring, and campership recipients will be locked into the lowest registration fee.
- **For every 6 resident Boy Scout registrations, one free leader is applied per unit per registration.
- $100 off a second full week of camp at our Laurel Highlands Council resident camps including Eagle Base.
- Discount must be applied to the second week of camp, no refund after completion.
- NYLT and National High Adventure Base participation does not qualify.
- Bring a new unit of at least 10 youth to camp and save $40 per youth in your own unit not to exceed the number of Scouts in the new unit. Recruitment must be verified by the new unit.
- $100 Trading Post gift certificate for nominating a new camp staff member who is hired.
- Counselors in Training (CITs) will receive a free week of camp following successful completion of four weeks of CIT service and completion of their CIT portfolio.
- Fees must be paid up front and will be refunded upon successful completion of requirements.
- New for 2018: All full session Scouts and adult campers will receive a commemorative Camp Liberty map bandana.
|Now until January 31, 2018||Unit “Save a Space” Deposit - $200/Troop or Crew
|January 31 to April 1, 2018||Individual Deposits - $20/Boy Scout Resident Camper, $25 per Eagle Base Resident Camper
|By April 1, 2018||Pay in full by April 1 to receive lowest (Early Bird) camp price.|
|April 2 to June 1, 2018||Pay in full by June 1 to receive regular camp price.|
|After June 1, 2018||Pay in full after June 1 and receive the third (Late) camp price|
* Units have until April 15 to apply names to reserved spaces with no penalty. Following April 15, all unnamed spaces will be cleared and deposits will be forfeited. Only named campers will be able to register for merit badge and activity courses*
Learn More About Camp Liberty
- Camp Staff - Join the awesome team at Camp Liberty
- Camp Resources - menus, forms, literature - and everything else needed to help you prepare for summer camp.
- Summer Camp Frequently Asked Questions
|Youth / Adult|