2021 Summer Camp
Located on a peninsula jutting out into Lake Courage, Camp Liberty is Heritage Reservation's Scouts BSA resident camp where the patrol method truly comes alive! Patrols work together to cook all of their own meals in their campsite using food picked up from the camp commissary. Nothing brings patrols together and developes leadership like having to figure out how to get a group to feed themselves all week. Although it may seem to be a lot of work, most units report having more down time to relax and work on other things not being confined by the schedule of a dining hall. Units who attend Camp Liberty never want to go anywhere else!
Units with registrations cancelled when LHC made the hard decision to close camp for 2020 were given the opportunity to reserve the same session and same campsite until June 15, 2020. June 16, 2020 registration opened first come, first served.
All sessions capped at 350 attendees. Campsite capacity does not reflect session capacity.
2021 Camp Dates
|Week 1||June 20-26||Sun-Sat|
|Week 2||June 27 - July 3||Sun-Sat|
|Week 3||July 4-10||Sun-Sat|
|Week 4||July 11-17||Sun-Sat|
|Week 5||July 18-24||Sun-Sat|
|Week 6||July 25-31||Sun-Sat|
2021 Camp Fees
|Scouts BSA Resident Camp||
Pay in Full by:
Pay in Full by
Pay in Full
6-2-2021 or after
|Eagle Base/Day Trek||$445||$445||$470||$470||$495||$495|
Programs with an additional cost:
- None! All program costs are included in the camp fees.
Discounts and Incentives
- Updated for 2021 - Sibling Discount - $30 off second and subsequent youth Scout camp fees. (Applies across different LHC resident camps - Scouts BSA, Cub, Webelos sessions. Discount applied to registration of equal or lesser value.)
- Low Rate Lock-In - Webelos cross-overs, Scouts joining after March 1, and campership recipients are locked into the lowest rate for camp.
Updated for 2021 - Free Adults - Earn free adult attendees based on the number of Scouts who attend the same camp session:
- 8-15 Scouts = 1 Free Adult
- 16-23 Scouts = 2 Free Adults
- 24-31 Scouts = 3 Free Adults
- 32-39 Scouts = 4 Free Adults
- 40-47 Scouts = 5 Free Adults
- Additional Free adult at 48, 56, 64 Scouts, etc.
- Second Session Discount - 25% discount off camp fees for a second session. Applies to youth or adult camp fees at a Laurel Highlands Council resident camp (Day Camp, NYLT, and National High Adventure Base participation does not qualify)
- Camp Staff Referral - Refer a new camp staff member who gets hired and works all summer to receive $100 in Camp Trading Post Credit.
- Free Week for CITs - CITs will receive a free week of summer camp for completing the full CIT program (4-week minimum). Fees must be paid in advance and will be refunded upon completion.
- Camperships - Financial assistance is available for Laurel Highlands Council Scouts with financial need to attend an LHC summer resident camp program. Applications due March 1.
- Camp Keepsake - All campers will receive a camp specific keepsake.
2021 Program Highlights
- Over 50 merit badge opportunities including 9 Eagle-required badges.
- New evening older Scout program.
- BSA Complete Angler fishing instruction program taught by BSA and PA Fish Commission certified instructors
- Trail to First Class first year camper program
- Shooting Sports: Rifle, Shotgun, Archery, 3D Archery, Sporting Arrows, Chalk Ball, Tomahawk and knife throwing
- Aquatics: Canoeing, Kayaking, SUP, Motorboating, Snorkeling, Sailing, Waterskiing, Mile Swim, KeyLog rolling, and more!
- C.O.P.E. and Climbing program
- Day Trek – daily high adventure excursions for older Scouts and the ATV Adventure program
- Adult leader training including Scoutmaster Specific and Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills
- Much, much more!
For more program information and the 2020 Heritage Reservation Guidebook check out the Summer Camp Resources page.
|Now until February 15, 2021||Unit “Save a Space” Deposit - $200/Troop or Crew
|February 16, 2021||
|By April 1, 2021||Pay in full by April 1 to receive lowest (Early Bird) camp prices.|
|By June 1, 2021||Pay in full by June 1 to receive regular prices|
|June 2, 2021 or after||Pay in full June 2 or after and receive the highest (Late) camp prices.|
|Up to two weeks before session start||