NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed for youth to learn and practice the leadership skills that will help them succeed in Scouting and in life!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Scouts who have completed their unit’s introduction to leadership course, have been practicing these skills, and are ready for the next level of training should attend NYLT once they meet all Eligibility Requirements.
NYLT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS Scouts must:
• Complete their home Unit’s Introduction to Leadership Skills course*
• Receive approval from your Scoutmaster or Unit leader
• All participants must be 13 years old.
• Earn First Class rank, if registered in a Troop
• Have current BSA Health Form (Parts A, B, and C)
• Be comfortable camping and cooking outdoors
• Commit to attending the entire six-day course
* Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST), Crews (ILSC), and Ships (ILSS) should be offered through a Scout’s home unit. Ask your Unit Leader how you can participate in this course. The 2019 National Youth Leadership Training course will be held at Camp Twin Echo starting on Sunday, June 14, 2020 and conclude on Saturday June 20,2020.
The NYLT course is limited to a total of 112 participants. Because we always have more applicants than we can take, we will only be able to accept the first 112 applicants who are fully paid for the course. After that, fully paid applicants will be placed on a
wait-list in the order that their full payment is received. Although we almost always have a few openings come up for various reasons, we cannot predict how many people from the waitlist will be provided the opportunity to attend the course.
Registration for non-Laurel Highlands Council units will open on March 2, 2020.
Be sure to download the required forms BSA Annual Health and Medical Record and Supplemental Medical Form and bring with you to the course. These forms are available on the registration page
Fee Structure: Register by March 30, 2020 - $230. Register between April 1 and June 1 - $240. Register after June 1, 2020 - $250 A$50.00 non-refundable registration fee is required at time of registration.